PALMVIEW, Texas-The recent rains brought more than just water- some residents are now dealing with mosquitoes. That’s why the City of Palmview will begin to spray the entire city today.
The spraying will be done by zone as shown in the map below.
- Zone 1 will be sprayed on Tuesday, April 11 between 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. and covers the area South of Interstate 2 to Mile 1 South, east of Showers to Greene Road, including Acevedo Lane and Carlos Circle.
- Zone 2 will be sprayed on Wednesday, April 12 between 9 p.m. and 12 a.m. and the area includes South of Interstate 2 to London Ave, east of Greene Road to Scott Lane, Moorefield Road within city limits, North of Interstate 2 to 2 Mile Line, and, east of La Homa Road to Breyfogle Road.
- Zone 3 will be sprayed on Thursday, April 13 also between 9 p.m. and 12 a.m., and includes the area north of Interstate 2 to 2 Mile Line and east of Abram Road to La Homa Road.
This spray called adulticide focuses on adult mosquitoes so it’s important that we all do our part by making sure that our yards are not breeding grounds for these pesky biters.
Turn over standing water such as pet bowls, flowerpots, tires, and anything else that can hold even a tiny drop of water.
You can also do the following to keep mosquitoes from breeding on your property.
- Frequently change the water in birdbaths and animal troughs.
- Pick up kids’ toys such as swimming pools and buckets where stagnant water can collect.
- Make sure the gutters drain properly.
- Cut the grass.
Mosquitoes can breed in three days in as little as one drop of water so check your property for standing water regularly. Please don’t give them a biting chance.