FAQ Topic: Business

Do I need to register my business?

Yes, if you are interested in opening a business inside City limits, it is required for you to register your business with the City of Palmview.  The following items are required to register a business.  Valid ID, Copy of water bill, DBA registration with the County, Sales tax permit, lease agreement, and site plan of location.

Does the City of Palmview receive the entire 8.25%?

No. The 8.25% sales tax is distributed among three separate entities as follows: City of Palmview – 1.50% Palmview Municipal Development District – 0.50% State of Texas – 6.25% Total Sales Tax Rate – 8.25% The State of Texas is responsible for determining its sales tax percentage.

Close window