FAQ Topic: Property & housing

What is Zoning?

Zoning is the practice of classifying areas and properties to allow for specific uses. With Council direction and a Committee of several residents, the City moved forward with an update of the Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map. By doing so, The City of Palmview will be able to create a tax base, promote smart growth, … Continued

How do I measure a setback?

A setback is measured from a lot (property) line to the nearest point of a building or structure using a perpendicular line to the property line. Front property lines are usually the trickiest. Remember to always measure from a lot line and not the back of the curb or sidewalk.

How can I request an inspection?

 Inspections need to be requested 24 hrs. prior to the inspection. You may set up an inspection request using the following methods: Via call – call our office at 956-432-0300  Via email – send and email to permits@cityofpalmviewtx.us Make sure you provide the address of where inspection is needed, type of inspection you are requesting, … Continued

What is a variance?

A variance or a special exception is permission to depart from a specific code or regulation as it applies to development.

Who determines the value of my house?

The value of most property in Palmview is determined by the Hidalgo County Appraisal District, a separate governmental agency authorized by the Texas Legislature. The city does not set the value of your home. 

Close window