FAQ Topic: Zoning

What is Zoning?

Zoning is the practice of classifying areas and properties to allow for specific uses. With Council direction and a Committee of several residents, the City moved forward with an update of the Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map. By doing so, The City of Palmview will be able to create a tax base, promote smart growth, … Continued

How do I measure a setback?

A setback is measured from a lot (property) line to the nearest point of a building or structure using a perpendicular line to the property line. Front property lines are usually the trickiest. Remember to always measure from a lot line and not the back of the curb or sidewalk.

How can I request an inspection?

 Inspections need to be requested 24 hrs. prior to the inspection. You may set up an inspection request using the following methods: Via call – call our office at 956-432-0300  Via email – send and email to permits@cityofpalmviewtx.us Make sure you provide the address of where inspection is needed, type of inspection you are requesting, … Continued

What is a variance?

A variance or a special exception is permission to depart from a specific code or regulation as it applies to development.

Close window