Police frequently asked questions

Can I get a person’s criminal history?

Because of rules and regulations of the National Crime Information Center and the Texas Crime Information Center, it is not possible for our law enforcement agency to release criminal history information to individuals.

In Texas, certain criminal history information is available to individuals from the State of Texas Department of Public Safety. For further information contact the Texas Department of Public Safety by calling (512) 424-2000.

Where can I get a copy of a police report?

Accident and Incident reports may be picked up from the records office only.

The records office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

RECORDS FEE SCHEDULE Accident/Crash Reports $6.00 per copy Reports will not be ready the day of the accident. Please allow 10 business days for completion of the report. 

Please complete the Open Records Request Document and mail or bring to the Palmview Police Department at 400 W. Veterans Blvd. Palmview, TX 78572. 

Include a self addressed, stamped envelope along with a check or money order for each crash report requested.

Clearance Letter $6.00 per letter. These letters attest to good conduct in the City of Palmview only. Only Palmview Police Department and Palmview Municipal Court records will be checked. 

If a Criminal History is needed please contact Texas Department of Public Safety. Call 512-424-2000 for more information.

What hours is the police station open?

We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However the administrative offices and records division are only open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you need assistance on weekends or after hours please call 956-432-0303 to request assistance.

How can I file a complaint on a police officer?

If you have a complaint, you may do the following:

  1. Come to the Police Department located at 400 W. Veterans Blvd. and speak with any supervisor.
  2. Fill out a Complaint Form available in the Police Department lobby or at City Hall.
  3. Download a Citizen’s Complaint Form (sworn affidavit)

Each complaint will be reviewed and appropriate follow-up actions taken.

When is the Police Records Division open?

Access to the Police Records Division is through the main lobby, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

What do I do about noisy neighbors or too loud music?

Call the Police Department at 956-432-0303 and give them the address to where the noise is coming from.

You can remain anonymous if you desire. Also keep in mind that City Ordinance #, allows for music to be played Sunday – Thursday until 10:00 PM and Friday and Saturday until 12:00 AM (midnight).

If the noise is threatening or indicates violence, call 911.

Open Carry Texas?

The Open Carry law allows a license holder to “open carry” a holstered handgun or firearm, though gun laws are complex. We encourage residents to determine whether gun laws allow a person to openly carry a firearm at a particular location. To learn more about Open Carry, visit the Texas Department of Public Safety website.

For additional questions, contact the Palmview Police Department at 956-432-0303.

Can I still turn in my Personal History Statement if I don’t have all of my required documents?

We understand that some of the required documents that are listed in the packet may be difficult to get or time consuming. If a document is not readily accessible to you or you need to request for a document to be sent, you will just indicate in your PHS that the document has been requested and then once it is received we will add it to your packet. However, items such as copies of your driver license and vehicle insurance should be readily accessible and will need to be included, otherwise your packet can be disqualified due to being incomplete.

Is it possible to do a ride along with a Police Officer if I’m in the application process?

Yes, we highly encourage candidates to research the department, to include a ride along, to help better understand the position and agency. Once you are an active applicant in the process, contact a recruiter for more information on how to schedule a ride along.

How do I obtain a copy of an crash report?

Complete the Crash Report Request Form

Provide a copy of your photo ID

For attorneys, insurance companies or other representatives, please provide a letter of authorization of a letter of representation for your client / insured.

Turn in the above paperwork in person at the Palmview Police Department, or mail the information to 400 W. Veterans Blvd., Palmview, TX 78572 along with payment and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.4.

What is the fee for a copy of a report?

Crash Reports: Standard: $6.00 Certified: $8.00

Incident Reports: Typically there is no fee for a copy of a public report (If you are an involved party).

Open Records Requests: Charges vary based on the nature of the request.

How do I get a driver license?

Obtaining a license in Texas is done through the Texas Department of Public Safety. Driver License | Department of Public Safety (texas.gov)

How do I file for a liquor license?

Visit the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) website for guidance.

How can I file a police report?

For incidents occurring in Palmview, file in the lobby at 400 W. Veterans Blvd Palmview, TX 78572, or call 956.432.0303 or call the city where incident occurred; if occurred in county jurisdiction, call Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Department to (956) 383-8114.

Police employment FAQs

Close window