Trash & brush services
Brush, Clippings & Bulky Items
Brush & Bagged Lawn Clippings Collection
Brush and bagged leaf/lawn clippings collection is provided once a month to all City residential solid waste customers. Collection days are based on routes throughout the city, please see attached MAP to locate your respective pick up day. Simply place your brush pile in front of your home, following the guidelines below, and a truck will pick it up.
Brush Pile Guidelines
- No longer than 6 feet in length
- Place brush piles within 5 feet of the curb or edge of the road
- Do not mix any other material into the brush
- Do not place brush piles near vehicles, fences mailboxes, utility boxes, meters, or any other obstructions
- Do not place brush beneath overhead wires or tree limbs
- Do not place brush on the street
- Must use clear or translucent bags for leaf/lawn clippings
- Do not place brush over water meters, sewer services, or manholes
Bulky Item Disposal
Bulky item collection is provided to all City residential solid waste customers.
Bulky items are defined as residentially generated:
- Washing machines
- Water heaters
- Construction and building materials are not collected.
Bulky Pile Guidelines
- Set out bulky items no later than 7 am on the scheduled collection day
- Place bulky item piles within five feet of the curb or edge of the street
- Do not place bulky item(s):
- Beneath overhead wires or low-hanging tree limbs
- Garbage carts
- Parked cars
- On top of water meters, sewer services, or manholes
Construction Materials and Remodeling Debris
Removal of construction and building materials is not considered part of the monthly bulky items collection and is the responsibility of the property owner/resident. Contact Republic Services to make arrangements to pick up such debris, or deliver to landfill that accepts these items.
Request an Additional Garbage Cart
Residents may request an additional garbage cart.
About the Containers
- The containers are strong, well-balanced and not easily turned over by wind or animals
- Made of recycled plastic, the containers will not corrode, deteriorate or rust
- Carts should be placed in the street by 7 am with the wheels against the curb or at the edge of the paved street with the front facing the street; the automated trucks cannot service containers set out backwards
- Allow for 3 feet of space on all sides from any:
- Additional collection container
- Gas meter
- Telephone pole
- Utility box
- Other potential obstructions
- Vehicles should not be parked on the street near the container; allow plenty of space for the garbage truck to maneuver in front of the cart
- Loose trash should be bagged to reduce litter. Individual items placed in the cart can be dropped or blown away when it is dumped, creating unsightly litter in your neighborhood and potentially clogging storm drains
- Only garbage contained inside the cart will be collected. Do not place bags on top of the roll cart or on the side of the roll cart
- Do not overfill the roll cart; tightly compacted bags or trash inside the roll cart may not come out when serviced
Failure to comply with placement requirements will result in your garbage not being collected, do not place your cart across the street at any time. Carts are identified and will only be picked up in front of your property.
Garbage Cart Storage
Garbage carts must be stored on your property in between collections. Carts may be set out as early as the night before your collection day, and must be returned to your property no later than the day after collection.
Why do I need to store my container and keep it away from the street? Promptly and securely storing your cart will:
- Ensure each neighbor takes responsibility for their own waste and carts
- Ensure each neighbor has access to the public right-of-way
- Improve the appearance of the streets
- Prevent cart loss, damage, misuse and vandalism
- Reduce litter and the potential for illegal dumping
- Discourage waste scavengers in your neighborhood
Missing or Damaged Carts
If your cart is missing, first check the surrounding area to ensure it hasn’t blown away or been mistakenly brought in by a neighbor. This is why it is important to write down your serial number.
If you are unable to locate your cart, call (956)432-0300 for a replacement. Additional fees may be applied for excessive lost containers.
If your cart is damaged, call (956)432-0300 for a replacement. Fees may be applied to your account based on the damage.
The City of Palmview 2021-2022 garbage rates are listed as a monthly rate below, weekly residential service, and bulky item pick-up.
- 1 bin – $22.00
- 2 bins – $29.57
- 3 bins – $47.50
- 1 bin – $27.23
- 2 bins – $41.56
- 3 bins – $60.56
City of Palmview residents are encouraged to recycle by dropping off acceptable items at different recycling centers throughout the valley.
- Residential Garbage Collection Route Map (PDF)
- Brush Collection Route Map (PDF)
Republic will work all holidays that fall within the Monday-Friday work week, please leave your bin outside during the holidays to ensure your trash is picked up.
If your collection day falls on a one of these holidays, your garbage will be collected on the following regularly scheduled collection day.