FAQ Topic: Permits & Code Enforcement FAQs

How does Animal control handle lost and found animals?

The Animal control division keeps a log of lost and found animals. Anytime you are missing a pet or have found someone else’s pet, report it to our division immediately. Any dogs or cats that are picked up by the Animal control division are then taken to the City of La Joya Animal shelter.  We … Continued

How can I request an inspection?

 Inspections need to be requested 24 hrs. prior to the inspection. You may set up an inspection request using the following methods: Via call – call our office at 956-432-0300  Via email – send and email to permits@cityofpalmviewtx.us Make sure you provide the address of where inspection is needed, type of inspection you are requesting, … Continued

When do I need an inspection?

Building – Foundation, Setbacks, Framing, Nail pattern, Insulation, Infiltration, Poly seal, Driveway, Sidewalk (if applicable), Final  Plumbing – Plumbing rough in, Tap out, Water and vents, Irrigation, Backflow, Final  Electrical – T- pole, Rough in, working clearance, service upgrade, Meter, Final  Mechanical – A/C rough in, Final

What are the setbacks?

Property setbacks are building restrictions imposed on property owners. This can be a distance from a curb, property line, or structure within which building is prohibited.

Do I need to hire a licensed contractor?

For any kind of work pertaining to electrical, plumbing, irrigation, or mechanical work a contractor with a master license in the field is necessary. The contractor needs to contact the city to obtain proper permitting.

What type of work does not require a permit?

You are not required to apply for a permit if you are doing non-structural work such as cosmetic work such as painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, cabinets, countertops, or similar finish work does not require a permit.

Do I need to register my business?

Yes, if you are interested in opening a business inside City limits, it is required for you to register your business with the City of Palmview.  The following items are required to register a business.  Valid ID, Copy of water bill, DBA registration with the County, Sales tax permit, lease agreement, and site plan of location.

What is the fee for the permit?

Fees depend on the type of permit and project you are doing. See the city of Palmview code of ordinances on our website to see the fee schedule or you may call our Palmview Planning Department for more information at 956-432-0300. 

Close window