Parks & Rec. Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enroll my child in little league?

956-432-0300 option 7 or calling direct at 956-432-0310

How can I volunteer at a city park?

Please contact the Palmview Parks & Rec. to inquire about volunteer opportunities at our parks. 

Can I host a birthday party at a city park?

Every park reservation space is first come, first served. Reserve a space at these parks by calling the Palmview Parks & Rec at 956-432-0310. 

Can I reserve athletic fields?

The City of Palmview does allow for certain fields to be reserved. Please call our Parks & Rec at 956-432-0310 for more information on reserving or renting a field. 

What are the hours of operation for city splash pads?

Splash pads are open dependent upon weather conditions. They usually open sometime in May and close for the fall / winter season sometime in September. 

What is allowed in the city park?

  • Grills are allowed at our park
  • Any fire in a fire pit must be kept contained to the pit
  • Alcohol is prohibited

Is alcohol allowed at city parks?

Per city ordinance, alcohol is prohibited at our Parks and Recreation locations. For private events, the organizer must have an alcohol / special event permit and the alcohol has to be served by someone with a TABC license.

What are city park hours?

City parks are open one hour before dawn until 11 p.m. 

Close window