FAQ Topic: Police

How do I obtain a copy of an crash report?

Complete the Crash Report Request Form Provide a copy of your photo ID For attorneys, insurance companies or other representatives, please provide a letter of authorization of a letter of representation for your client / insured. Turn in the above paperwork in person at the Palmview Police Department, or mail the information to 400 W. … Continued

Open Carry Texas?

The Open Carry law allows a license holder to “open carry” a holstered handgun or firearm, though gun laws are complex. We encourage residents to determine whether gun laws allow a person to openly carry a firearm at a particular location. To learn more about Open Carry, visit the Texas Department of Public Safety website. … Continued

What do I do about noisy neighbors or too loud music?

Call the Police Department at 956-432-0303 and give them the address to where the noise is coming from. You can remain anonymous if you desire. Also keep in mind that City Ordinance #, allows for music to be played Sunday – Thursday until 10:00 PM and Friday and Saturday until 12:00 AM (midnight). If the … Continued

How can I file a complaint on a police officer?

If you have a complaint, you may do the following: Come to the Police Department located at 400 W. Veterans Blvd. and speak with any supervisor. Fill out a Complaint Form available in the Police Department lobby or at City Hall. Download a Citizen’s Complaint Form (sworn affidavit) Each complaint will be reviewed and appropriate … Continued

What hours is the police station open?

We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However the administrative offices and records division are only open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you need assistance on weekends or after hours please call 956-432-0303 to request assistance.

Where can I get a copy of a police report?

Accident and Incident reports may be picked up from the records office only. The records office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. RECORDS FEE SCHEDULE Accident/Crash Reports $6.00 per copy Reports will not be ready the day of the accident. Please allow 10 business days for completion of the report.  … Continued

Can I get a person’s criminal history?

Because of rules and regulations of the National Crime Information Center and the Texas Crime Information Center, it is not possible for our law enforcement agency to release criminal history information to individuals. In Texas, certain criminal history information is available to individuals from the State of Texas Department of Public Safety. For further information … Continued

Who do I call about police-related non-emergencies?

For police-related non-emergencies you can call (956) 432-0303 and speak to a Telecommunications Officer (Dispatcher). Always remember to provide the following, if applicable: 1. Name 2. Address 3. Phone Number 4. Type of Call 5. Brief Description of the call for service. All of these are necessary in order to properly classify and document the … Continued

How do I register my vehicle?

It can be done in one of two ways: Online at  TxDMV – Vehicle Registration Renewal In Person at the Hidalgo County Assessor Collectors, click on the link for different locations throughout the county. Motor Vehicle Department | Hidalgo County, TX – Official Website

Close window